Add operators to your account.
Required permission: Permission Group > Setup > General > Operators
- From the main menu of the operator client, go to Setup > Account Setup. The Account Setup window is displayed.
- On the left menu of the Account Setup window, click General > Operators > New. The New Operator window is displayed.
- Fill in the following basic information about the operator:
- User Name. The name the operator uses to log in to BoldChat. Visitors do not see this name.
- Name. The operator's proper name. Visitors do not see this name. Tip: Visitors will see an operator's name as Operator unless you set a Chat Name.
- Chat Name. The name seen by visitors.
- Initials. Up to three characters. For Enterprise accounts, this is used in the Twitter service to uniquely identify tweets.
- Email. This address is used to reset a forgotten password.
- Password. Minimum of eight characters, containing only letters and numbers, and without repeating the same character three times in a row.
- Chat greeting. The default greeting sent when the operator clicks the Answer button but no other message is chosen.
- Assign the operator to a Permission Group.
- Select and prioritize Languages that the operator speaks.
- On the Departments tab, assign the operator to departments.
Premier and Enterprise subscribers can rank operators within each department.Important: Operators can be in multiple departments!
- Edit optional settings on the available tabs.
- Save your changes.