The SEO-Enabled Support Center Set-Up Guide
What is the SEO-Enabled Support Center
Bold360 ai offers as part of its sales package a built-in, SEO-enabled, fully HTML-customized and mobile-optimized Support Center.
Consisting of continually-updating dynamic content and incorporating your entire Knowledge Base, the Support Center habitually auto-adapts according to content popularity, can be seamlessly integrated into an existing website, and is completely mobile-responsive. During installation, the entire Knowledge Base is automatically populated, making the Support Center extremely accessible and highly searchable via Google, ensuring higher organic traffic.
While the out-of-the-box look of the Support Center template is basic, you also have the option of completely tailoring the external appearance to reflect your brand. The HTML customization incorporates editable HTML pages, the automatic creation of metadata and SEO-optimized links for articles and related topics.
How does the sub-domain structure affect my SEO ranking as compared to sub-folder structure?
In late October, 2012, Matt Cutts of Google's Webspam team clarified the subdomain/subdirectory situation insofar as Google was concerned. He said:
"The historical reasons why you might have wanted to go for a subdomain don't really apply as much, and that leaves you with, okay both are on the same domain, overall, and so it's really a question of which one is easier for you."
Therefore your entire site will benefit from the effects of search engine optimization.
How can I track sub-domain analytics and include it with my main site analytics?
Refer to the multi-domain tracking guide for Google Analytics here.
Setting up your Support Center
Step 1: Categorize Your Knowledge Base By Creating Topic Labels
Knowledge Base labels offer a variety of added functionality and ease to creating and maintaining your knowledge base, as well as structuring your Support Center. These Labels are actually categories that can be assigned to articles in order to make organization of your Support Center easier and more efficient. They can be organized into hierarchies, which is reflected in how your Support Center is displayed, and can also be used to search for specific topics and related answers.
A. Creating a label
- Go to , and click the Label icon.
- In the drop down list displayed, you can see existing labels, and three links, including the Create Label link. Click this link.
- The Label Editor is displayed. In this window, you will name and customize the look of your label.
- In the Name field, give your Knowledge Base Label an appropriate name, and in the Label Color field, select a name for your label.
- Click Save to create the label. This label will now be displayed in the list of Knowledge Base Labels, and when assigned to an article, will be displayed next to it in All Articles list.
B. Categorizing Knowledge Base Answers Using Labels
Categorizing Knowledge Base answers means that you can easily organize your support page into groups of related topics for easy browsing by your customers. This ensures that your agents can easily access answers, ensuring that they provide the highest levels of customer service.
The following procedure explains how to categorize the knowledge base using labels.
- Go to , and select the article to be categorized.
- Click the Label icon. A drop down list of existing labels is displayed.
- Click the required label to assign it to the article.
Optional: Making an Article Appear in More Than One Category
You also have the option to categorize an article with multiple labels, meaning that the article will then be displayed in several categories simultaneously.
- Select the required article (or articles) from the All Articles list.
- Click the Select multiple... link. The list is refreshed, displaying an Apply button.
- Select the labels you require, and click Apply.
Step 2: Page Settings and Customization
Using labels, you can create a structure for the Home Page of your support center, according to the label categories that best suit your company's needs. You can also include a hierarchical structure.
- Log in to https://my.Nanorep.com/.
- Navigate to , and go to the Content section.
- In the Navigation Labels section, you can select categories which will be displayed as a navigational tool on your Support Center.
- In the Homepage Labels section, you can select categories which will be displayed on your home page.
- Once you have selected the labels you require, click Save Changes.
Changing the Look and Feel
You can easily change the fonts, colors or other elements that make up the look and feel of your Support Center using simple HTML customization.
- Navigate to .
- Click the Page Templates side tab to locate the HTML source.
- Edit the HTML code as required.
Step 3: Add the Support Center seamlessly to your website
The following simple procedure describes how to install the Support Center on your company's website.
- Log in to https://my.Nanorep.com/.
- Navigate to .Note: You have already specified the labels and categories to be displayed (in the Content section) on your Support Center homepage, in Step 2 of this article, Page Settings and Customization.
- In the General Settings section:
- Enter the support page name in the Site Name field.
- Enter your homepage URL in the Main Site URL field - this ensures that you get full SEO ranking value.
- In the Site Settings section, in the Support Page Domain field, enter the required URL address of your new support center.
- Click Save Changes.
- Specify a CNAME record to point from the support domain to my.Nanorep.com.
For example, support.mycompany.com.
- You can now add extra Knowledge Bases to your Support Center, enabling you to increase its effectivity.
For example, you may have separate Knowledge Bases for specific languages, or different products, or alternate websites. For all of these you can now specify sub-domains within your new support center, and links to any one of them will be available on your Support Center.Note: If you wish to add further Knowledge Bases to your account, please contact your Bold360 ai Account Manager.
- In the Site Settings section, in the Support Centers from other knowledge bases field, go to the Choose Knowledge Base drop-down list.
- Select the required Knowledge Base from the list. A new field showing the URL is displayed.
- You can edit the sub-domain of the knowledge base name if required. Note: The rest of the URL is non-editable.