How to add synonyms?
Create groups of synonyms broaden your terminology base and deliver the information your customers are looking for.
There's no need to update each question separately. Once a group of synonyms is created, it takes effect across the entire knowledge base.
Create and edit synonyms from the Synonyms Console
- Go to .
The Knowledge base: Synonyms page is displayed.
- On the Knowledge base: Synonyms page, click Add new synonyms group.
The Synonym group editor is displayed.
- Enter words which you want to treat as synonyms.
Once you've entered the first word, the editor will recommend other relevant synonyms to choose from. You may either choose from the recommended words by clicking on them or enter your desired words in the New synonym box.
- Click Save.
The Synonym words editor opens.
- Select the synonyms that should be associated with the words that you have.
In the example above, the synonym "ms" was defined as synonym for "microsoft". The NLP engine considers "ms" as the plural form of "m" and, unless you clear the checkbox for that word, the engine adds that word as a synonym to "ms".
If you define multiple words as synonyms then all those words are listed on this page.
- Click Apply to save your synonym group on the Synonyms page.
Create and edit synonyms in the phrasings editor of an article
- Go to and open an existing article or create a new one.
- In the article editor, open the Phrasings section and click Synonyms.
- Click +Add to create a group of synonyms.
You may notice how the same question repeats itself in different phrasings with similar words. Once we create groups of synonyms, all four questions can be minimized into one. If there's already an existing group of synonyms for a word, you may edit the group by clicking on the synonyms. When editing a group, the synonym group editor opens.