Start a PIN-based remote access session
Connect to a customer using a PIN code. PIN sessions start in Remote Access mode.
Note: This feature is only available for Bold360 Plus subscribers.
During a remote access session you can view and/or control the customer's computer, as well as reboot and reconnect. Each remote access session is also a chat session.
Important: You can have one active remote access session at a time.
Remember: To use the Remote Access feature, you must use Chrome.
- On the left side of the Bold360 workspace, next to Live Sessions, click + (the plus sign). A PIN is generated and displayed on the Remote Control page.
- Guide your customer through these steps:
- Ask them to open their browser and go to either pin.bold360.com or your organization's custom PIN entry page.
- Ask them to enter the PIN that you see on the Remote Control page.
- After they have entered the PIN, ask them to grant permissions and download the applet (the download should take no more than 15 seconds).
- Once the download is complete, ask the customer to click Run to execute the applet.
You can now view the customer's computer.
- To control the computer, click Full screen to Remote Control. Once in full screen mode, you can immediately control the computer.
- Options during remote control:
Option Description Sticky keys Press twice to activate a key for multiple keystrokes (white). Press once to activate for a single keystroke (gray).
- When using a PC to control a Mac, the left Ctrl key equals Cmd on the Mac
Reboot and reconnect On the remote device, click the Bold360 system tray icon and select Reboot and reconnect.
The remote computer restarts and your session is reconnected.
Return to remote viewing Press Esc. End remote access Click Stop. You can continue chatting with the customer as in any other chat session.Restriction: During remote access, Transfer is unavailable.