Show a different chat button image when agents are available/unavailable
To ensure that customers are properly informed about agent availability, you can choose to show a specific chat button image when at least one agent is available and another (or none) when no agents are available.
This feature is part of the chat button setup process for both floating and static buttons.
- Create or edit a fixed-position (static) or floating chat button, as follows:
- At admin.bold360.com, go to Channels > Chat > Chat Buttons (Static) / Chat Buttons (Floating).
- Select an existing chat button or click Create New.
- On the Settings tab in the Display section under When Unavailable, choose the expected behavior when no agents are available:
- Show Unavailable Button: When no agents are available, the Unavailable chat button is displayed to customers as displayed on the Preview pane.
- Show No Button: When no agents are available, no button is displayed to customers.
- Show Available Button: When no agents are available, the Available chat button is displayed to customers as displayed on the Preview pane.
- You can also select a custom image for your available and unavailable agents that customers can see. To do so, select the Custom image source and enter the available and unavailable chat image URLs into the corresponding fields.
- Save your changes. The settings are applied to the chat button.
Your chat button is ready to be set as a chat entry point by being associated with an HTML snippet and inserted to a site.
To activate a newly created chat button as a chat entry point on your website, you must paste the HTML code to your site. When editing an existing button, you do not need to paste the code since these settings are not in the HTML code itself, but rather on Bold360 servers.