Set up conversion tracking
Use Bold360 to track conversion events so you can relate specific chats to actual sales or other milestones, such as new account created or page viewed, thus allowing you to track individual success as a basis for paying commissions.
Conversion tracking at-a-glance
Conversion tracking allows you to measure chat's impact in relation to a specific call to action. For example, to measure the impact chat has on sales or to measure registration or form completion.
- Conversion tracking relies on Conversion Tracking HTML that has been associated with an identifier called a Conversion Code and inserted to a site that has been set up to pass values for fields known as Custom Conversion Information.
- Conversion tracking leverages Bold360's customer monitoring functionality to help associate visits with conversion events.
- When a conversion event is triggered (for example, a customer makes a purchase) Bold360 looks back at the customer's history and identifies the agent who worked with them most recently. This is how credit for a conversion event is given to an agent.
- Bold360 can also identify the site from which a customer was referred (for example, a partner site that links to your page). This is how credit for a conversion event is given to a referring site.
To implement conversion tracking, you must create a Conversion Code and associate it with Conversion Tracking HTML that you insert to a site that has been prepared to pass special values when a conversion event occurs. Step-by-step:
- Create a Conversion Code, as follows:
- At admin.bold360.com, go to Customers > Conversion Codes. The Conversion Codes window is displayed.
- Click Create New. The New Conversion Code window is displayed.
- Under Conversion Code Name, give the code an identifiable name. For example Purchase, July 4th promo.
- Under Agent Assignment, you can control how Bold360 "looks for" the agents to credit for a conversion.
When a conversion event is triggered (for example, a customer makes a purchase) Bold360 looks back at the customer's history and identifies the appropriate agent (for example, the agent who worked with the customer most recently).
- Consider most recent chats
- Consider oldest chats
- Consider most recent chats within X days
- Consider oldest chats within X days
- Only consider chats having at least X customer messages
- Under Referrer Assignment, Bold360 can be set to leverage information about referring sites (sites from which customer arrive to your site – for example, a partner site that links to your page) so credit for a conversion event can be given.
- To only consider visits that contain referrer URL information, select Only consider visits that have a referrer URL.
- Save your changes.
- Now you must associate the conversion code with Conversion Tracking HTML, as follows:
- Go to the HTML tab.
- Associate the code with a Website.
- To ensure that required values are passed to Bold360, select Pass custom conversion information and Pass custom information about customer. Important: Make sure your site is able to populate the value of these fields! You may need to work with a web developer to use ASP, JSP, PHP, or similar.
- Save your changes and copy and paste the code to your site.
- Collecting customer data with custom information and variables
Gather information about customers and pass it to Bold360 to help agents achieve business goals.