Set up automatic distribution for email
Automatic Email Distribution (AD) allows you to automatically and intelligently distribute and assign incoming emails to your agents.
- At admin.bold360.com, click Channels > Email > Automatic Distribution. The Automatic Distribution for Email page is displayed.
- Select Enable automatic distribution. This activates AD for all incoming email in your account.
Option Description Reassign unanswered messages (minutes) When selected, emails are reassigned to another agent when the originally assigned agent does not accept the thread within the specified period of time. An agent who fails to answer in time is set to Away status to prevent new threads from being assigned. Concurrent message limit When selected, the number of threads that can be assigned to each agent is limited. When an agent reaches the limit, they are no longer assigned new threads. This setting can be overridden at an individual agent level. Agents waiting for assignment When there are fewer incoming email threads than agents can handle, some agents will be waiting for an assignment. Threads are assigned to highest ranked agents first, but you can choose an assignment method for agents of the same rank.To determine which waiting agent gets the next email, choose an assignment method:
- Least Busy. Assign the next incoming thread to the agent who has the fewest active threads and has waited the longest. Choose this to balance the workload between agents.
- Most Busy. Assign threads to your busiest agents. The next incoming thread is assigned to the agent who is handling the most threads until their limit is reached, and thereafter to the agent who has been idle for the shortest period of time. Choose this option if your agents must manage non-email tasks along with their email related work. Those who are managing email will stay busy with email, while others can stay focused on non-email tasks. To prevent overload on a single agent, make sure concurrent limits are set.
- Round Robin Rotate assignment among all available agents regardless of waiting time or number of active threads (until their concurrent limit is reached). Choose this option to balance the number of threads assigned per agent. Lower ranked agents will only be assigned a thread if all higher ranked agents have reached their limit.
- Under Manual Reassignment, tell Bold360 how to place customers into the queue when they are reassigned by an agent rather than automatic distribution.
You can set this option independently for customers reassigned within a department (From same department) as opposed to between departments (From other departments).Note: For answered items that are manually reassigned, the queue time is always reset. For automatically assigned items, customers always maintain their place in the queue.
- To place customers at the end of the queue regardless of how long they have been waiting, select Move to end of queue (time is reset)
- To place customers in the queue based on time already spent waiting, select Maintain place in queue (time is preserved)
- Save your changes. Settings are applied to your entire account except where overridden at the department or agent level.