Set up auto-translation
With auto-translation, messages between customer and agent are translated in real-time, thus allowing both parties to chat in their own language if the language pair is available.
This feature requires a GeoFluent subscription that you can acquire by contacting Lionbridge. Lionbridge will provide you with the account key and secret you need to start using auto-translation.
How does auto-translation work?
- Customer language: Determined by the chat window's language setting or the language the customer selected on the pre-chat form. You can define chat window language defaults in the chat window configuration.
- Agent languages: The languages the agent speaks, prioritized by fluency level. Configured in the agent settings.
- Language pairs: The translation pair is supported by your GeoFluent subscription.
If the agent and the customer share a common language, translation is not needed and it is switched off by default. Otherwise, if none of the agent languages match the customer language and the language pair is available, messages are translated automatically.
How to configure your GeoFluent subscription and enable auto-translation per chat window
- At admin.bold360.com, go to Integrations > Auto-Translation. The Auto-Translation page is displayed.
- Select Enable auto-translation.
- Configure your GeoFluent subscription and defaults.
Option Description GeoFluent Host The host name provided by Lionbridge for your GeoFluent subscription. GeoFluent Account Key The account key provided by Lionbridge for your GeoFluent subscription. GeoFluent Account Secret The account secret provided by Lionbridge for your GeoFluent subscription. Default Language The language agents speak by default. Custom agent language settings override this value. Supported Language Pairs The language pairs available for your GeoFluent subscription. To add or remove language pairs, contact Lionbridge about adjusting your GeoFluent subscription.
- Click Validate credentials and refresh language pairs to check your GeoFluent settings and synchronize language pairs available for your subscription. Remember: You must do this every time your GeoFluent subscription changes (such as adding a new language pair to your subscription).
- Save your changes.
- Now you must enable auto-translation per chat window: Go to Channels > Chat > Chat Windows > [select or create a chat window] > Message Content > Enable auto-translation.
- GeoFluent is a third-party service. Your content is maintained in a secure, private workspace and never enters the public domain. Messages are transmitted via secure protocols only.
- Customers are notified in a system chat message if messages are being auto-translated.