Set the chat window seen by customers
To choose the actual interface seen by customers upon clicking a chat button, you must associate your chat button with a chat window.
This feature is part of the chat button setup process for both floating and static buttons.
- Create or edit a fixed-position (static) or floating chat button, as follows:
- At admin.bold360.com, go to Channels > Chat > Chat Buttons (Static) / Chat Buttons (Floating).
- Select an existing chat button or click Create New.
- On the Settings tab, choose the Chat Window to associate with the chat button.
- Save your changes. The settings are applied to the chat button.
Your chat button is ready to be set as a chat entry point by being associated with an HTML snippet and inserted to a site.
To activate a newly created chat button as a chat entry point on your website, you must paste the HTML code to your site. When editing an existing button, you do not need to paste the code since these settings are not in the HTML code itself, but rather on Bold360 servers.