Route items among same-rank agents
As part of your routing strategy, you can change how items are assigned to same-rank agents by overriding Automatic Distribution (AD) as part of the department setup process. You can also assign Urgency to determine which queued items will be assigned first.
- Create or edit a department, as follows:
- At admin.bold360.com, go to Organization > Departments. The Department Management page is displayed.
- Select an existing department or click Create New.
The New/Edit Department page is displayed.
- On the Automatic Distribution tab, choose a channel and click Override account-level distribution settings.
- Select a method under Agents waiting for an assignment > Among same-rank agents, assign by this method.
- Least Busy. Assign the next incoming chat to the agent who has the fewest active chats and has waited the longest. Choose this to balance the chat workload between agents.
- Most Busy. Assign chats to your busiest agents. The next incoming chat is assigned to the agent who is handling the most chats until their limit is reached, and thereafter to the agent who has been idle for the shortest period of time. Choose this option if your agents must manage non-chat tasks along with their chat related work. Those who are chatting will stay busy chatting, while others can stay focused on non-chat tasks. To prevent overload on a single agent, make sure concurrent chat limits are set.
- Round Robin. Rotate chat assignment among all available agents regardless of waiting time or number of active chats (until their concurrent limit is reached). Choose this option to balance the number of chats assigned per agent. Lower ranked agents will only be assigned a chat if all higher ranked agents have reached their limit.
- Save your changes.