Pre-chat form: Prompt customers for information before chat
You can set up a pre-chat form that is displayed to customers after they click a chat button but before actually chatting with an agent. The pre-chat form is a component of the chat window associated with a chat button or chat invitation. The form can be customized. Customer input is added to the incoming chat.
- Create or edit a chat window, as follows:
- At admin.bold360.com, go to Channels > Chat > Chat Windows.
- Select an existing chat window or click Create New.
- On the Pre-chat form tab, click Enable pre-chat form to activate the form For customer-initiated chats only or For customer-initiated and invitation-based chats.
- To allow customers to choose the chat window language, allow the Language Selector to be shown.
- To prompt customers for basic information or for a response to an initial question, set any of the following as required or optional:
Tip: To customize these fields, go to the Customization tab and under Appearance, select the relevant key from the Layered/Pop-up - Details > Pre-Chat Survey key group.
- Last Name
- Initial Question
- To allow customers to associate the chat with a department in your organization, select an option for Department. To provide the customer with choices, you must add Departments Customer Can Choose.
- Save your changes.