Monitor the messages of your organization
You can view messages that are waiting in queue, closed, or currently assigned to an agent in your organization.
To list messages, click the arrow in the-top left corner of the agent workspace above your list of sessions.
Messages are grouped on the following tabs:
- Messages in queue waiting to be assigned to an agent.
- Assigned to Agent
- Messages which have already been assigned to a live agent.
- Closed messages of your organization.
View message details
You can select the level of message details that you want to see in your workspace by clicking the column selector (cogwheel) on the right. Columns in the selector can be sorted by name and order of appearance in the message list. Sorting does not apply to the column order in the message list.
You can also filter messages by department and message folder. To do so, click the department selector or the message folder drop-down list respectively.
Depending on what messages you view, the following message details are displayed:
- Agent messages
- Number of messages the agent has sent.
- Time and date when the message was first answered.
- Channel name
- Name of your additional messaging channel that has been set up for you.
- The city where the customer started the conversation.
- Time when the message was closed and was listed on the Closed tab.
- The country where the customer started the conversation.
- Time and date when the customer clicked the message button.
- Customer Email
- Email address of the customer.
- Customer messages
- Number of messages the customer has sent.
- Customer name
- Name of the customer. Displays the customer's first name only if a last name is also provided.
- The Bold360 department of the agent.
- The messaging folder in Bold360 where the message is saved.
- The language of the message, which is English (en-US) by default.
- Last message person type
- The person who sent the most recent message, which is either the customer or the agent.
- Last message sent
- Date and time when the customer's most recent message was received.
- Message type
The type of message the customer sent. The following types are supported:
- Message, which represents a conversation on your additional messaging channels
- Messaging ID
- The unique identifier of the message thread.
- Phone number of the customer.
- The region of the country where the customer started the conversation.
- Response time
- The total time in seconds that the customer had to wait for answers.
- Time and date when the message was started.
- Urgency of the message.
Manage your messages
You can do the following when you monitor your messages:
- Get the preview of a message
- Select a message in the list to get a preview of the ongoing conversation with the customer. The preview is displayed on the Customer History panel on the right of the message list.
- Search for message threads
- You can search for message threads based on any details that you see in the columns. When you type into the Search field above the list of messages, it dynamically filters and lists those messages that contain your search term in any visible columns.
- Filter closed message threads
- You can list message threads that were closed on selected dates. On the Closed tab at the top of the page, click the date filter drop-down list, which is set to Today by default, then select a pre-defined time span for listing your closed message threads. You can also select a custom date-range from the calendar. Click Refresh to list closed message threads for the selected period. Only those message threads are listed where the Closed date is within the defined period of time.
- Transfer messages
- You can transfer messages between agents in your organization on the Queued and Assigned to Agent tabs. Transferring messages is similar to transferring chats. For more information, see Transfer a chat.
- Sort messages by column
- Click the column name to sort messages by that order.
You can set up warnings to display that there are issues with some of your messages. These warnings are displayed when certain pre-defined conditions are met. You can only set up warnings for those columns in Monitor View that contain time, such as time when the message was Created or Started.
To set up warning, do the following:
- In the Bold360 agent workspace, click the arrow above your list of sessions. The Monitor View page is displayed.
- Click the column selector (cogwheel) on the right.
- Under Warning conditions, click No condition set to define when a warning is displayed. When the defined time expires, you see message sessions marked in red.
Note: You can only define conditions for columns that display time.
- Click OK to save your changes.