Manage incoming email according to rules (Email Rules Engine)
The email rules engine compares the properties of incoming email against criteria and performs the rule's action when there is a match.
Required permission: Permission Group > Account > Can Setup Rules Engines
- Create or edit an Email Rule, as follows:
- At admin.bold360.com, click Channels > Email > Routing Rules.
- On the Routing Rules for Email page, select an existing rule or click Create New.
The Edit/New Rule page is displayed.
- On the Criteria tab, name the rule.
Each rule should have a unique name for easy identification.
- Select one or more criteria. Tip: To enter multiple values in a field, type a string and press Enter.
Multiple selected criteria within a group are evaluated according to OR condition logic, while selected criteria across groups are evaluated according to AND condition logic.
- Anywhere Contains. This uses OR logic when looking for matches in any "Contains" field.
- Subject Contains
- Body Contains
- User's Email Address Contains
- Destination Email Address contains
- Has Attachments
- Email Account
- Email Type
The rules engine compares incoming items against the criteria and performs the rule's action when there is a match.
- On the Actions tab, choose how to route items when criteria are met:
- Folder, to send the item to a specific folder
- Department, to make the item available to members of a specific department
- On the Actions tab, assign attributes to an item when criteria are met:
- Custom Field 1 or 2
Agents can use this information to make decisions about how to handle or organize emails.
- Save the rule.
- Continue to create rules.
- Arrange rules in the order they should be evaluated (Move Up, Move Down). Important: Rules are evaluated in the order they appear in the rules list.