How to display a warning message for long customer questions?
You can display a message when a customer's question is too long and hence it is unlikely to receive a relevant answer.
To define a message, do the following:
- In the Bold360 ai Console, go to .
- Click Personalize.
- Select a knowledge base or URL to customize.
- On the Texts & Colors tab, you have the following options:
- Maximum length of user queries - Defines the maximum length of a customer's question that cannot be exceeded. This value does not have an effect on when the Warning for long queries is displayed.
- Query length for displaying warning - Defines a threshold for the customer query's length. When this threshold is exceeded, the message defined in the Warning for long queries field is displayed.
- Warning for long queries - Defines the warning message that is displayed to the customer
- Save your changes.
How to use a warning message - an example
Let's say you don't want your customers to have questions with more than 40 characters and when they type 30 characters, you also want to let them know that their question is getting too long.
In this case, you would set the Maximum length of user queries value to 40 as this prevents customers from typing more than 40 characters. At the same time, you would set Query length for displaying warning to 29 so that when this threshold is exceeded (when the customer types the 30th character), a warning is displayed.
Notice that if you want to display a warning exactly when the maximum length is reached, you would have to set the value of the Query length for displaying warning to one character less than the maximum length defined. If you set both values to the same value then the query length threshold will never be exceeded and, therefore, will never be displayed.