How do I define channeling policy?
The Channeling settings allow you to set up the escalation paths and rules on your Bold360 ai widgets. Use this ability to forward visitor engagements to another escalation channel such as chat, email, or click-to-call.
How to use the channeling engine
- In the Bold360 ai Console, go to
- Click Add channel at the top of the page.
- Under the " Channel type:" drop down, choose channel type (Chat, Phone, Email).
- Select a Channel type.
- In the Show section, select the appropriate channeling properties. Example: Let's say you want to set up a ticketing system and you select the Ticket channel type:
- In the Button Text field, enter the name of the email escalation button.
- In the Action on user escalation drop-down list, choose the action that will take place when a user clicks on the email escalation button.
- In Bold360 ai, you can select either the Bold360 ai contact form or a URL link.
- If Show contact form is selected from the Action on user escalation drop-down list, you can select the existing contact forms in the Bold360 ai account.
- In the IF section, choose the following conditions that trigger the ticket channel which you set up above:
- User Query: The content of the customer search in the widget.
- Answer Label: The label assigned to the answer which is populated in the widget.
- Domain: The domain of the widget configuration. (The domain list is the same domain list in the widget configuration.)
- Origin URL: The URL address to set up the condition from.
- Form Values: Insert the values to trigger the ticket escalation through the contact form. (To be used only for contact forms.)
- Search Result: You can choose either "No result" or "Has Result".
- Page context: To be used only if contextual abilities are enabled in the account.
- Query Language: Triggers a certain rule, if the query is searched by a specific language. (Use this condition only if translation is enabled in your widgets.)
- Day and time: This condition is used for triggering escalation channels by a specific day and time.
- Save your configuration.
An example channeling configuration
There are numerous cases when you can offer customers the option to channel the conversation. For instance, you can set up your channel in a way that when the customer provides negative feedback and an agent is available then the channeling option is presented to the customer.
The example below shows a channel setup where a chat button is displayed when the customer provides negative feedback on an article that has "Customer care" label, and a live agent is available.