How do I create a CSV Provider?
Knowledge managers can use the Provider feature to answer a wide range of similarly structured questions using a single article.
Often the structure of a question applies to many different circumstances or answers. To use a simple example, visitors may ask questions such as What's your address? or What's your address in New York? or What's your address in Australia? Rather than making an article for each of your locations and addresses, you can instead use the Provider feature.
To set up a Provider, do the following:
- Task 1: Create a csv provider spreadsheet
- Task 2: Create a provider in Bold360 ai
- Task 3: Create an article that references the provider
Task 1: Create a CSV provider spreadsheet
Create a CSV sheet that contains the information that you want to dynamically present to your customers.
- Using an online sheet editor (for example, Google Sheets), create a new sheet.
- Name the sheet. For example, OFFICES.
- Enter your data with one entity per column. For example, ADDRESS, CITY, COUNTRY, POSTALCODE.
- Publish the sheet to the web as CSV.
- In Google Sheets, go to .
- Make sure you publish as Comma-separated values (.csv).
- Copy the resulting URL. You'll need it in Task Two.
Task 2: Create a provider in Bold360 ai
In Bold360 ai, create a provider and add keys to fields from your sheet.
|Name||Use ALLCAPS. The first item must match exactly the first column on your provider sheet.|
|Detectable||Select this option to make information in this field searchable. For example, for a provider that returns terminal numbers based on airport name and code, you probably want name and code to be detectable, but not terminal numbers.|
|Is Default||Select this option for the field that you want to be detected as the primary field.|
|Split By||A syntax value such as comma or pipe that is used to separate multiple values on a certain field (such as when you want to use several synonyms or values that can appear in the visitor search that relate to the same key value)|
|Priority||Set the order in which the bot should analyze the fields.|
- In the Bold360 ai Console, go to Admin Center > KB Setup > Providers.
- On the Providers page, click Add provider. The Add Provider dialog is displayed.
- On the Add Provider dialog, begin setting up your provider:
Option Description Name For internal reference. This can be anything. Active You must activate the provider. Provider Type Select CSV.
- On the second Add Provider dialog, enter the following:
Option Description Entity Name Using ALLCAPS, enter the same name used for your provider sheet. URL Enter the URL of your provider sheet, as copied in Task 1. Life Cycle Define Bold360 ai 'remembers' the
Persistent - Bold360 ai remembers the initial entity value until it is replaced by another entity
Topic - Bold360 ai remembers the initial entity value until the conversation switches to another entity
Intent - Refreshes every time Bold360 ai gives an answer
Statement - Bold360 ai forgets the original topic once another question is asked
Refresh Interval Define how frequently Bold360 ai checks for changes to the provider sheet. Auto Spelling When selected, the visitor's question must contain an exact match to a value in the detectable field. Missing From/To/Default For provider sheets with multiple entities (represented in columns), you can tell Bold360 ai to prompt the visitor for additional information if their question only provides information on a partial set of entities. Think of it this way: What do you want Bold360 ai to say to a visitor when it understands what answer they are looking for, but it's missing information to provide a complete answer? For example, the question "Do you have an office in my city?" could prompt the reply "Where are you located?" Ignore Rows If your sheet has a header row, make sure Bold360 ai ignores it by entering a 1 here. Collect Options No longer in use.
- Under Manage Fields, enter the fields from your provider sheet (from Task 1) that you will use in your provider article (in Task 3).
Option Description Name Use ALLCAPS. The first item must match exactly the first column on your provider sheet. Detectable Select this option to make information in this field searchable. For example, for a provider that returns terminal numbers based on airport name and code, you probably want name and code to be detectable, but not terminal numbers. Is Default Select this option for the field that you want to be detected as the primary field. Split By A syntax value such as comma or pipe that is used to separate multiple values on a certain field (such as when you want to use several synonyms or values that can appear in the user search that relate to the same key value) Priority Set the order in which the bot should analyze the fields.
Task 3: Create an article that references the provider
Create an article that retrieves data from your provider sheet.
- In Bold360 ai, go to Knowledge > All Articles > New Article. A new article is created.
- In the title of the article, be sure to use a value from the default column of your spreadsheet. For example "What is your address in Boston?" Bold360 ai detects this value and highlights it. Select the highlighted value and then the sheet name.
- In the body of the article, follow these guidelines:
- Whenever you want to reference an entity, use this format: [[PROVIDERNAME.PROVIDERCOLUMN]]
- Use ALLCAPS, as shown
Looking for our office address in [[OFFICES.CITY]]? [[OFFICES.ADDRESS]] [[OFFICES.CITY]] [[OFFICES.STATE]] [[OFFICES.COUNTRY]] [[OFFICES.CODE]]
- Publish your article.
Troubleshooting common problems
If your provider does not work as expected, check these common setup errors:
- Open your provider sheet and make sure you published it as CSV (Task 1, step 4)
- Open your provider sheet and make sure you set Ignore Rows to 1 (Task 2, step 4)
- Open your provider in Bold360 ai and make sure you set the Provider Type as CSV (Task 2)
- Open your article and make sure you reference the provider name and fields (columns in your sheet) properly
- If you are not getting results in response to questions that you think are covered in your sheet, check that all relevant fields are Detectable, otherwise they are ignored by Bold360 ai (Task 2, step 5)