How can I implement the Support Center as iFrame
What are the benefits of using an iframe?
By using an iframe, you can deliver your support center as an integral part of your web site while leaving your site's functionality and header and footer in place.
- You get a full control of the page wrap, including using the site's header and footer, cart support, logged in users and any other cross website functionality.
- We have developed a "smart" iframe that will
- Automatically change its size according to content inside the iframe
- Change the hosting parent page URL to reflect the changes in the iframe. For example, if the user had navigated to a specific article, then the article URL will be reflected in the parent's URL. This behavior can be disabled if not desired.
- The iframe solution fully supports SEO (Google and others crawl data within iframes) including redirect to the parent hosting page if the iframe is opened directly from Google
- For information on implementing a support center, see Technical Preparations to implement a support center and Support center SEO implementation
Solution without an iframe
An alternative solution is to deliver your support center as a standalone, external page with a sub-domain address.
A standalone support center will not present your site's header and footer and will not include other site specific functionality from your main page (User Secured login, Cart management or Site Search).
The benefits of using a stand alone support page:
- Changes in your site are minimal. Just add a link to your new page.
- The page is technically easier to implement