Departments are used to group agents and distribute chats.
How do departments relate to other Bold360 entities?
Departments can be associated with the following items:
- Agents, who can be grouped in multiple departments
- Chat Button (chats initiated from a button can be routed to a specific department)
- Chat Window pre-chat form (customers can select a department to facilitate routing to a specific department)
- Rules (when a chat triggers a rule, the chat is routed to a specific department)
- Other departments as Rollover Departments
What is controlled by the department definition?
The department definition controls the following:
- How agents are grouped
- How chats are distributed, including the ability to override Automatic Distribution settings at the department level
- Departments can also be associated with a specific language to help route chats to agents with appropriate language skills