Departments are used to group agents and distribute chats.
How do departments relate to other Bold360 entities?
Departments can be associated with the following items:
- Agents, who can be grouped in multiple departments
- Chat Button (chats initiated from a button can be routed to a specific department)
- Chat Window pre-chat form (customers can select a department to facilitate routing to a specific department)
- Rules (when a chat triggers a rule, the chat is routed to a specific department)
- Other departments as Rollover Departments
What is controlled by the department definition?
The department definition controls the following:
- How agents are grouped
- How chats are distributed, including the ability to override Automatic Distribution settings at the department level
- Departments can also be associated with a specific language to help route chats to agents with appropriate language skills
- Create a department
Create a department as part of your chat distribution strategy.
- Set department-level business hours
Department-level business hours allow you to control the times, days, dates, and circumstances under which chat with a department is available.
- Send chats to a rollover department
When no agents are available in the original department, rollover departments take over incoming chats.
- Assign chats to certain agents before others (ranking within department)
Within a department, you can rank agents to determine how incoming items are assigned.
- Route items among same-rank agents
As part of your routing strategy, you can change how items are assigned to same-rank agents by overriding Automatic Distribution (AD) as part of the department setup process. You can also assign Urgency to determine which queued items will be assigned first.
- Route queued items to departments by Urgency
As part of your routing strategy, Urgency determines which queued chats will be assigned first.
- Manage customer queue time upon manual reassignment
Tell Bold360 how to place customers into the queue when they are reassigned by an agent rather than automatically. You can set this option independently for customers reassigned within a department as opposed to between departments.