Data Retention Options
Bold360 Plus subscribers can set Bold360 to automatically recycle or delete chat data.
Plus subscribers with proper permission settings can activate data retention at the following location: Setup > Global Settings > Data Retention
The ability to change data retention settings is disabled for all permission groups and must be explicitly enabled: Access Data Retention Settings. Use caution when granting permission to use this feature.
You can choose to automatically move chat sessions to the Recycle Bin or to permanently delete the chat session data. In either case, this is done after the chat has been closed for the specified number of days.
- When you choose to permanently delete chat session data, the data is permanently removed from the system without passing through the Recycle Bin.
- This data cannot be recovered.
- When you move chats to the Recycle Bin, they are not immediately permanently deleted: Instead agents are prevented from seeing the data in their Bold360 agent workspace.
- You can set up an automatic purging of the Recycle Bin after items have been in the bin for a specified period of time (Global Settings > Data Retention > Recycle Bin Settings > Permanently delete chat records after X days in the Recycle Bin).
- Once items are purged from the Recycle Bin, they are similarly permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
Delete partial data
- The main chat session record can be retained for historical reference and reporting, while other data associated with the chat session is deleted.
- For example, you can delete the chat transcript data (messages exchanged during chat between the customer and the agent), but leave the rest of the chat record information for historical reference and/or reporting.
- Partial data deletion results in permanent deletion with no recovery option
- This feature can also be used in conjunction with the complete record deletion option. For example, you could setup to permanently delete the chat transcript data after 90 days, and then permanently delete (or recycle) the complete chat records after 180 days.