Chat button setup
Configure the settings associated with the button or text that customers click to initiate chat.
Note: To understand the relationship between a website, a chat window, and a chat button, consider the following:
In Bold360, a website is a group of settings that helps you manage your Bold360 strategy across multiple sites or domains. Websites help you track the origin of visits and manage business hours. When used with the Chat Rule Engine, they help you manage incoming chat items.
The website also contains the code of a "chat button", which does not only refer to a simple button on the user interface that a customer clicks, but also a complex group of settings associated with that button. These settings include button images, position, animation, associated departments, the countries where the button is displayed and so on.
When the customer clicks the chat button, a chat window opens, which again is not only a simple window on the user interface, but also a complex group of settings that control the layout and content of that window.
- The actual button images shown when agents are available or unavailable
- The position of floating button images on your page
- Animation settings for floating button images, including resize when not in focus
- The chat window customers are shown when they click the button
- The department associated with the button
- The countries where the button will be displayed
The following additional settings help determine when your chat button is shown to customers:
- Agent availability (including agent hours)
- Website business hours
- Department business hours
- Automatic Distribution settings (queue limits)