Bold360 ai 4.72 release notes
New look and feel for Conversational widgets
To provide smoother experience for your customers using the bot and a live agent in Conversational mode, you can now choose the Harmony widget skin. The Harmony skin offers the following benefits:
- Smooth animations on selecting quick options and persistent options
- Simplified look: customer icon has been removed
- Clear visual separation between bot and live agent
- Animated transition when is chat is transferred from the bot to a live agent
- Pre-chat form is now inline
- Added agent typing indicator animation
- The End Chat button is now an icon
- Removed the Email transcript to me button
For more information, see How to use the Harmony widget skin?.
Increased security for Slim and Harmony widgets
To increase the level of security, Bold360 ai introduced Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) policies to the APIs. This enhancement enables you to restrict your widgets and Support Centers to a single URL domain or a list of domains. If a malicious intruder copies your HTML snippet code and adds it to any other site, the widget or Support Center on that site will not work.
Until now, you could define the URL of a secure Support Center in the Main Site URL field on thepage. From now on, to set up a secure Support Center, do the following:
- On the page, copy your Support Center URL from the Main Site URL field.
- Go to the page.
- In the Allowed Origins field, paste your Support Center URL that you have copied from the Main Site URL field.
- Add your main customer website URL to the list.
- Save your changes.
Co-browse support for the Conversational widget and the HTML chat widget SDK
A live Bold360 agent can initiate a co-browse session to see and interact with the page a customer is viewing and to help them solve their problems. The customer must actively accept the invitation to a co-browse session.
For more information on co-browse, see the Bold360 online help.
Remote control support for the Conversational widget and the HTML chat widget SDK
A live Bold360 agent can remote control the customer's computer to help them solve their problems. The customer must actively accept the invitation to a remote control session.
For more information on remote control, see the Bold360 online help.