Associate chats (a chat button) with a department
Associate a chat button with a department to allow chats originating from the button to be tagged with department metadata, which can then be used to assign and organize chats.
This feature is part of the chat button setup process for both floating and static buttons.
- Create or edit a fixed-position (static) or floating chat button, as follows:
- At admin.bold360.com, go to Channels > Chat > Chat Buttons (Static) / Chat Buttons (Floating).
- Select an existing chat button or click Create New.
- On the Settings tab, choose the Department to associate with the chat button.
- Save your changes. The settings are applied to the chat button.
Your chat button is ready to be set as a chat entry point by being associated with an HTML snippet and inserted to a site.
To activate a newly created chat button as a chat entry point on your website, you must paste the HTML code to your site. When editing an existing button, you do not need to paste the code since these settings are not in the HTML code itself, but rather on Bold360 servers.