Assign an agent to a department
Assign an agent to departments as part of your chat distribution strategy. An agent can be in multiple departments.
Departments can also be associated with a specific language to help route chats to agents with appropriate language skills.
- Create or edit an agent, as follows:
- At admin.bold360.com, go to Organization > Agents.
- On the Agent Management page, select an existing agent or click Create New.
The New/Edit Agent page is displayed.
- On the Departments tab, scroll to the lower part of the page and click each department to which the agent should be assigned.
- At the top of the page, set each department's priority for the agent. When using Automatic Distribution (AD) and the Urgency is the same for multiple items in the queue, agents receive their next item from their highest priority department.
- Save your changes.