Activate a chat
To work with a chat, click it on the left side of the workspace under Live Sessions.
- Under Live Sessions, click any chat. The chat opens in a swimlane in the workspace to the right and is ready to work with.
- To accept a chat without working on it right away, click Quick Accept. With Quick Accept, the chat does not open in your workspace. Click the chat again to work with it. If a welcome message is set for the agent then clicking Quick Accept also sends that message to the customer. See Set customer greetings.
A red spot tells you that the customer is waiting for a response. When the customer sends you more than one message, you see multiple red spots next to their name. A counter is also displayed if automatic chat distribution is set with the Channels > Chat > Automatic Distribution > Enable automatic distribution > Reassign unanswered messages option. In this case, when time runs out, the chat is reassigned to another agent and the status of the current agent is set to Away.
- View customer information and history
- When a chat is minimized, click Show info.
- When maximized, click the Customer info button at the top of the workspace.
- Show custom integrations
- Maximize the chat. Custom integrations are displayed at the top of the workspace.
- Send a link to a web page (URL)
- In the chat panel, use Link to send a link the customer can click to open a web page. Remember to include a valid prefix (http:// or similar). The link is shown in your chat panel. It is not sent to the customer until you press Enter.
- Push a web page (URL)
- In the chat panel, use Push web page to automatically open a URL in the customer's default browser.
- Insert an image (URL)
- In the chat panel, use Image to insert an image into the chat. Remember to include a valid prefix (http:// or similar). The image is shown in your chat panel. It is not sent to the customer until you press Enter.
- Transfer a file
- When file transfer is enabled for the chat window used by the customer, use File transfer to send a file up to 25MB. You can send up to 20 files per session.
The following apply when sending files:
- Files are stored in AWS and are encrypted with Amazon's AWS Key Management Service keys
- File links remain valid for 24 hours; keep this in mind when attempting to access links from a transcript, history, or the Chat Summary Report.