Why am I seeing a message that my session has expired?
If you are encountering a message, "Your session has expired. Please relogin" and are prompted to log back in with your email address and Master Password, it usually means your web browser cookies are being cleared, removed, or blocked. To address this issue, please ensure that you are adhering to the following best practices:
- You are not running your web browser in a private or incognito mode.
- Your web browser is clearing, discarding, or blocking them. You can check this (or enable cookies) within your web browser settings. Instructions will vary depending on your web browser, as follows:
- Chrome – Follow the instructions listed here. You can choose the recommended option, "Allow local data to be set" or add https://lastpass.com as an exception.
- Firefox – Follow the instructions listed here.
- Internet Explorer – Follow the instructions listed here. You can use the default "Medium" setting, or add https://lastpass.com as an exception.
- Microsoft Edge – At the top of the web browser in the right navigation, click the Menu icon and go to Settings > View Advanced Settings > set "Cookies" to Don't Block Cookies.
- Safari – Follow the instructions listed here, and select Always Allow.
- Opera – Follow the instructions listed here.
- All other programs and/or extensions – Some other applications, such as antivirus software or security suites, may also remove cookies from your web browser. Please configure your settings to allow cookies, or add https://lastpass.com as an exception.
- You are not running any third-party software that might also be clearing these necessary cookies. Third-party cookies must be accepted.