System Requirements – Host Computer
Before installing LogMeIn host software on the computer you want to access remotely, make sure the device meets the following requirements.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 or newer (including 64-bit)
- On Intel-based Macs: OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer
- Windows Server 2008R2 or newer (including 64-bit)
- Linux, Chromebook and Windows RT are not supported
Remote control performance depends on several factors, such as screen resolution, color depth, type of activity, available bandwidth and latency.
- For connecting and doing non-remote control work, any always-on internet connection is sufficient.
- For remote control, we require a 1.5 Mbit/s (192 Kbyte/s) or higher connection speed on each end, as per FCC guidelines for video streaming. For optimal experience in Full HD resolution, a 2 Mbit/s (256 Kbyte/s) connection is recommended.
For details, see How much bandwidth is required to use LogMeIn?