HelpAlert allows you to view your customer's screen in real time using the representative Viewer window.
Topics in this article:
View the customer's screen
Note: Depending on your account's configuration, screen sharing may begin as soon as a customer joins or is upgraded to a standard support session.
- Click the Share Customer's Screen icon in the Chat box toolbar, or select Screen Sharing > Share Customer's Screen in the menu.
- Depending on your account's configuration, the customer will be prompted to approve View-only Access or Full Access to Keyboard and Mouse during screen sharing.
- The customer can make their selection, then click OK to continue. If you are granted View-only Access and the customer decides to grant you keyboard and mouse control, they can click Screen Sharing > Full Keyboard & Mouse in their customer Chat box.
- The HelpAlert Viewer window will open and display the customer's screen. If recording is enabled on the representative's account, when the support session connects, both the representative and customer Chat box will display a recording icon.
Share your own screen
Note: This feature is not available while in session with Mac customers.
- Click the Share My Screen icon in the Chat box toolbar, or select Screen Sharing > Share My Screen in the menu.
- You will be prompted to approve screen sharing. Click OK to continue.
- The customer Viewer window will open on the customer's desktop and display your screen.
- Grant the customer view-only or remote-control access to your screen using the Chat box menu, as follows:
- Select Screen Sharing > Allow Customer to View Only to allow them to view your screen but not move your mouse.
- Select Screen Sharing > Give Customer Mouse and Keyboard to allow them to both view your screen and share control of your mouse and keyboard.
Stop, pause and re-start screen sharing
Use the icons in the Chat box toolbar to control screen sharing, as follows:
- To stop sharing the customer's screen or your own screen, click the Stop icon or select Screen Sharing > Stop Screen Sharing from the menu.
- To pause the sharing of your own screen, click the Pause icon or select Screen Sharing > Pause Screen Sharing from the menu.
- To continue sharing your own screen while it is paused, click the Play icon or select Screen Sharing > Resume Screen Sharing from the menu.
Note: Wait at least 10 seconds before re-starting screen sharing to avoid errors.