Session Collaboration (Invite to Session)
In Web Mode and Queue Mode configurations, you can invite additional representatives to join you in an active support session to further assist the customer (also known as "session collaboration"). Invited representatives can either be visible to the customer or masked (i.e., hidden) so that the customer is unable to see their chats or view them as an attendee.
Topics in this article:
- During a support session, select Session > Invite to Session or click the Invite to Session icon in the Chat toolbar. If your portal is configured to allow external specialists to participate in sessions, you will select Session > Invite to Session > Internal GoToAssist User.
- The Session Collaboration window shows a list of all available representatives, as well as the number of active sessions they are currently in and the portal under which they are logged in. Use the search field or manually expand the portal or sub-portal folders to do one of the following:
- Invite a specific representative – Click a representative's name to invite only them.
- Invite all representatives on a portal – Click a portal name to send out an invitation to all representatives currently logged in under that portal.
- If desired, select the "Mask representatives when they join" check box to keep the invited representative(s) hidden from the customer.
- If desired, add any comments that might help the invited representative(s) understand the customer's issue and/or need for session collaboration. This will be displayed in the Alert pop-up(s) and will not be visible to the customer.
- Click OK when finished.
- The invited representative(s) will receive an Alert pop-up, as follows:
- Invite a specific representative – Only the specified representative will receive the invitation alert. They can click Yes to join the active session.
- Invite all representatives on a portal – All representatives who are currently logged in to the portal will receive the invitation alert. The first representative to click Yes will join the active session, and the invitation alert will disappear for the other representatives.
- The invited representative will appear in the Attendees pane in the representative Chat box once they're joined the session.
Note: The customer must go through the download process again if a second representative joins an active session. They may also be prompted to authorize screen sharing again.
Representatives can invite up to 5 external specialists (i.e., users that do not have a HelpAlert seat) to participate in a support session. Depending on your portal configuration, these users can be invited to the session with view only or full remote control access. Once the setting is enabled, representatives can invite external specialists using the same invitation as follows:
- During a support session, select Session > Invite to Session > External Specialists or click drop-down menu under the Invite to Session icon in the Chat toolbar.
- Select from the following Specialist Access Rights:
- Control keyboard and mouse
- View only
- Click Create Invitation to choose your invitation options, or click Close to close the dialog and return to HelpAlert.
- Choose from the following invitation options:
- Option 1: Send Email Invitation – Click Create Invitation Email to generate a pre-populated email invitation that includes a Join URL, Support Key, and their Special Access Rights (i.e., control keyboard and mouse or view only) for the support session.
- Option 2: Join via Phone Mode portal – Direct your external specialist to your Phone Mode portal web address and supply them with the code listed so they can join the support session.
Note: If you are enabled for a Web Mode portal only, you can use Option 1 or Option 3 to invite your external specialists.
- Option 3: Distribute Session Link – Click Copy Link and send the link to your external specialists so they can click on it to join the support session.
- Option 4: Join from www.gotoassist.me – Direct your external specialist to www.gotoassist.me and supply them with the invitation code (or ask them to obtain it from the email invitation, where it is called the Support Key), then have them enter it in the Session Code field and click Start Support Session.
- If you decide that you want to revoke the invitation to external specialists that have already been invited, click Cancel Invitation Code. This will invalidate the session invitation code.
- Click Close to return to HelpAlert.
- The invited external specialist(s) can join the support session at any time while the session is active and the Invitation Code has not been canceled. Once they connect to the session, they will be prompted to enter their name, then click Continue to participate in the session.
- When the external specialist has arrived, their name will appear in the Attendees pane in the representative Chat box.
- The customer will also see "<Name> has joined the session" in the customer Chat box.