Send Chat Messages (Desktop App)
Staff members (e.g., Presenters, panelists and organizers) can exchange instant chat messages with each other during a webinar. Organizers can also send public chat messages to all attendees, which will appear in each attendee's Questions pane. If desired, staff members can save a Chat log after the session ends to review messages later.
Chat with others
Note: It is not possible for attendees to exchange chat messages with other attendees, but they can send questions to staff members if desired. Please note that chats are currently not being displayed for attendees joined from an Android device.
1. In the Chat pane, use the drop-down menu to select the recipient of the message:
- All - Entire Audience – All participants will see the message; it will appear in the Chat pane for staff members and the Questions pane for attendees. This option is available to organizers only.
- Organizers and Panelists only – All organizers and panelists will see the message in their Chat pane.
- Presenter only – The Presenter will see the message in their Chat pane.
- Individual staff member – Send a message to an individual Presenter or Panelist.
- Send question to staff – All members of staff will see the message appear as a question in the Questions pane rather than their Chat pane.
2. Type your message in the text field, then click Send.
Save the chat log
You can save a log of the Chat messages as a Rich Text file (.RTF). The Chat log will only include messages that you saw – any private message sent between other attendees will not be included.
Note: This feature is only available for staff members (Presenters, panelists and organizers).
1. Click File in the top navigation and select Save Chat Log.
2. Select a location on your computer, and change the default name (if desired).
3. Click Save.