Share Your Screen (Instant Join App)
When using the Instant Join app, you can broadcast your own screen (or a specific application) to the rest of the session participants. To do so, you will need to complete a one-time installation of the screensharing browser extension .
Topics in this article:
In order for you to share your screen or an application while using the Instant Join app, you must first install the GoToTraining Screensharing browser extension. You will not need to complete this download again (unless you uninstall the extension).
- You can directly install the Google Chrome extension here.
- If you have not yet installed the extension the first time that you are made Presenter while using the Instant Join app, you will be automatically prompted to do so. Simply click Download and Add extension to continue.
- If you're running Google Chrome v71 or older, make sure you have downloaded the GoToMeeting Pro Screensharing extension.
- Click the Screen button in your toolbar. If you do not see the icon, ask the organizer to make you Presenter.
- Choose to broadcast your entire screen to other participants or select a specific application. Note that all applications that are currently open will be shared. If you do not see the application you want, be sure that it is not currently minimized.
- Click Share.
- While your screen is being shared to other session participants, you will see a floating notification reminding you that other attendees can see your screen. You can click Hide to minimize the window if desired.
Known Issue: Web App Presenters should avoid sharing the PowerPoint application while it is in slide-show mode, as it can display as choppy and distorted to attendees. Instead of choosing to share only the PowerPoint application, they should share their entire screen to avoid this issue.
To stop screen sharing, do either of the following:
- Click Stop Sharing in the pop-up window.
- Click the Screen button so that it turns gray.