Share Your Screen (iOS)
Share your screen and other content on the go! If you are a presenter running iOS 11 or later, you can share your entire device screen or a virtual whiteboard (iPad) with the rest of the meeting participants.
Topics in this article:
Because the GoToMeeting app is using Apple's new Screen Recording feature to allow organizers and presenters to share within the app, you must enable Screen Recording from your device settings. This will ensure that your screen is captured if an organizer chooses to record the session.
- Open the device's settings and tap Control Center.
- Tap Customize Controls.
- Tap the Plus icon by Screen Recording to add the feature to the "Include" section.
- Screen sharing will then become available in the Control Center when you swipe up from the bottom of your iOS screen at any time.
Before you start sharing your screen, remember that your entire screen (including notifications) will be shared. You may wish to enable the "Do Not Disturb" feature in the device settings to prevent notification alerts.
- Make sure you have enabled screen sharing in your device settings.
- Start or join a meeting as the organizer. If you're not the organizer, ask them to make you the presenter.
- Access your device's Control Center which varies by device. Tap and hold down the Screen Recording icon .
- Tap GoToMeeting in the list then Start Broadcast.
- The red bar at the top of your screen reminds you that your screen is being shared and that the GoToMeeting app is running. If you go back to the GoToMeeting app, you will see a "Now sharing your screen" message.
- If you are presenting from an iPad, you can share other content as well.
- Tap the red back at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
- Return to the GoToMeeting app to continue or end the meeting.
- Make sure you are the current organizer or presenter.
- Tap the Screen Sharing icon in the toolbar.
- Enable the Present Content toggle. To end content sharing, disable the same toggle.
- Select one of the content sharing options. The iPad screen option will launch a help tutorial on how you can share your entire screen.
- iPad screen: Tap this option to open the help tutorial on how you can share your entire screen to your attendees.
- Files: Use this option to open display a file that you previously saved to a third-party file-sharing app (Dropbox or Google Drive).
- Website: Open and share a web page by entering a URL in the address bar in the toolbar. Alternatively, you can tap the Bookmarks icon and select a bookmark.
- Whiteboard: Use drawing tools to illustrate your points on a whiteboard and broadcast it to attendees in real time.
- Tap the Play icon in the floating toolbar to start broadcasting the content to other attendees.
Presenters can use drawing tools to illustrate their points while sharing content from their iPad!
- Make sure you've tapped the Play icon in the toolbar so that you can share content.
- Tap the Drawing Tools icon in the Grab Tab to expand and display the main controls. You may use Drawing Tools on any screen you're sharing.
The Drawing Tools icon turns Drawing Tools on or off. When Drawing tools are on, the Drawing Tools icon is blue and the Drawing Tools toolbar is displayed. / The Play icon starts content sharing and the Pause icon pauses the screen so attendees will only be able to view the last screen that was displayed. The Pen icon lets you draw and annotate on-screen. You can select different colors and adjust the width of the markings. The Highlighter icon lets you highlight certain areas of your screen. You can choose from 4 different highlighter colors and adjust the width of the markings. The Whiteboard icon brings the whiteboard to the screen which you can use to draw on a blank slate. The Undo icon undoes the previous action you made. The Redo icon redoes whatever action you've previously undone. The Erase All icon erases all drawings from the screen.
The Audience View pane displays a thumbnail view of what attendees see when you share your screen. You can choose to show or hide the audience view pane at any time. As of now, you cannot enable Audience View while sharing your entire screen.
1. Tap the Screen Sharing icon .
2. Use the Audience View toggle to show or hide the pane. You can also tap the icon on the pane to close it at any time.