Configure Customer-Bound Email Settings
The customer email settings allow you to customize the customer-bound emails that Service Desk sends on behalf of the account. Settings include modifying the sender and footer, setting up an auto-response and requesting feedback via email.
Topics in this article:
Default customer email settings can be created on an account-wide basis at Configure > Customer Emails. These settings will apply to all services on the account and the customer-bound emails that they send, unless otherwise specified in per-service email settings.
These email settings created will always override the default account-wide settings, allowing each service's email behaviors to be customized separately from the others. Configure per-service customer email settings at Configure > Services > [select service] > Customer Emails tab.
Use this tab to specify the following details, which apply to all automatic emails sent on behalf of the account:
- Sender Name to appear on customer-bound emails – This is the sender name that will appear in all customer-bound emails (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org Support).
- Sender Address to appear on customer-bound emails – This is the sender address that will appear in all customer-bound emails (e.g., email@example.com).
- Email Footer – The footer or last part of all customer-bound emails where you might like to include signature and contact details.
Use this tab to manage automatic response emails sent on behalf of the account.
1. Go to Configure > Customer Emails > Auto-Response.
2. Enable the "Send auto-response when customer raises an incident via email" check box.
3. Customize the body of the email as desired.
4. Click Save when finished.
Use this tab to manage the content of the Request for Feedback emails sent on behalf of the account. You can also turn the Feedback emails on or off independently for each service. Feedback emails must then be enabled on a per-service basis under Configure > Services > [select service] > Feedback tab > Enable customer feedback when an incident is closed.
1. Go to Configure > Service Desk Settings > Customer Emails > Request for Feedback tab.
2. Make desired changes to the body of the email.
3. Click Save when finished.