Perform Mass Actions on Multiple Records
Report mass actions allow technicians to apply specific actions to multiple items (incidents, problems, changes, releases and knowledge articles) simultaneously. Technicians can perform mass actions for items included in custom reports or shared reports, or schedule mass actions to be applied on a recurring basis using action schedules.
Note: These features are available to service administrators only.
Topics in this article:
The following actions can be performed for items included in a report:
- Change their status – Delete, close or start/stop the clock on the included items.
- Perform misc. tasks – Add/remove tags, add comments or prepend/append titles for all included items.
- Change their priority – Upgrade, downgrade or set a specific priority level for all included items.
- Change their resolution dates – Set a specific resolution date for all included items.
- Edit their people – Add users, assign items or change owners for included items.
1. Open a saved custom report or shared report that includes the desired items, or create a new report.
2. Click Mass Actions.
3. Select the items for which to apply mass actions in either of the following ways:
- Click the Select All Results or Select This Page hyperlinks.
- Select or deselect the check boxes to the left of each item.
4. Using the drop-down menu, select the action that you want to apply to the items. Click Add Another to add additional actions.
Note: For each action, "notify watchlisted" and "notify customers" check boxes are also available.
5. If desired, select "Allow triggers" to allow actions resulting from mass actions to activate any triggers configured on the account.
6. Click Apply Now to apply the action(s) to all selected items.