The GoToAssist Remote Support Integration for Salesforce provides technicians the ability to create support sessions, as well as collect information about these sessions upon closure. The integration uses the GoToAssist Remote Support Developer app (i.e., API) to create sessions and to collect the session information at the end of a session.
Topics in this article:
In order to install the GoToAssist Remote Support Integration for Salesforce, you must first obtain a Consumer Key from the GoTo Developer Center by downloading the GoToAssist Remote Support Developer app.
- Go to https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/user/register and create an account. There is only one account needed for a company installation.
- Click My Apps in the top navigation.
- Click Add a new app.
- Fill in the App Name and Description fields.
- For Product API select "GoToAssist".
- For redirection, fill in the Application URL field with or use a custom URL.
Note: If you are using our Application URL, please be sure it is updated to by December 04, 2017 to ensure your Salesforce integration continues to function. Learn more.
- Click Create App.
- Click the name of your newly created app.
- Click Keys.
- Retain the Consumer Key as it will be required in Configure the Application. Then continue on to Install the Application in Salesforce for the next steps!
Once you've obtained a Consumer Key from the Developer Center, you can install the GoToAssist Remote Support Integration for Salesforce.
- Go to the GoToAssist Remote Support Integration for Salesforce within AppExchange.
- Click Get it Now.
- Click Log in to the AppExchange. If you are already logged into Salesforce, you are not asked to re-enter your credentials.
- After logging in, click Install in production, which makes the application available to other users. Otherwise, click Install in sandbox to test in a copy of your production org.
- Review the terms and conditions, and check the box to agree to them.
- Click Confirm and Install.
- You can install the application for Admins Only (for testing), for All Users, or for Specific Profiles (i.e., security levels - shown below). If you select Specific Profiles, a list of Salesforce user profiles is displayed. You can select the default access level for all profiles and click Set. You can then modify the access setting for each profile.
- When you are ready, click Install. You are then asked to approve access to your Salesforce instance for the specific third-party (LogMeIn) sites. Check the box for Yes, grant access and click Continue.
- Review the Approve Package API Access permissions, then click Next.
- Review the security levels and choose the appropriate security setting for your deployment (the "Select security settings" option is recommended). Click Next.
- Click Install to complete the installation. Then continue on to Configure the Application for the next steps!
- From the Salesforce home page, click the Force.com App Menu in the top right navigation.
- Select GoToAssist RS from the list of app menu items.
- Click on the GoToAssist RS Configuration tab.
- Click Edit.
- Fill out the following required fields:
- Client Id: Enter the Consumer Key) that was obtained during Step 10 of Obtain a Consumer Key
- Endpoint Base Url: Enter "https://api.getgo.com" (i.e., Application URL)
- Site Url: Enter the secure and direct URL of your Force.com site. Make sure that the Site URL listed includes "https://" (i.e., not "http://"), otherwise the session data will not be generated (e.g., https://api.getgo.com).
- User Id & Password: Enter the email address and password of any GoToAssist Remote Support agent account, which will only be used to validate use of the API within Salesforce. To generate support sessions, GoToAssist Remote Support users will still be asked to log in using their own agent account credentials.
- Click Save.
- Then continue on to Set Up Layout Pages!