Admin Center Management of Two-Factor Authentication
Account admins can enable Two-Factor Authentication as an account-wide setting for all agents with a RescueAssist or GoToAssist Remote Support seat, which will require users to complete an enrollment process, and thereafter use a one-time code (generated from their linked mobile authenticator app) to log in and host support sessions.
Note: Please be extremely careful when making changes to this Admin Setting, as it will force all agents within your account to begin the Two-Factor Authentication enrollment process based on your date selection. Two-Factor Authentication is disabled for all accounts by default.
Step #1: Access Admin Settings
Sign in to the Admin Center at https://admin.logmeininc.com and click Admin Settings in the left navigation.
Step #2: Set all device groups to v4.3, b1575 or later (GoToAssist Remote Support only)
It is required that all of the device groups within your account be set to the minimum required version (v4.3, b1575 or later) in order to use Two-Factor Authentication with the GoToAssist Expert desktop app.
Step #3: Enable the setting and select your forced logout date
When enabling Two-Factor Authentication, you must select a date to force all of your agents to log out and begin the enrollment process. Select Enabled, then click the Calendar icon to choose from the following options:
Forced logout on a future date
- You must select a date within 14 days of the date you choose to enable this feature.
- Any agents actively logged in will be automatically logged out at 12:00 AM on the selected date. Note that the time zone is based on the admin's current web browser settings.
- The next time agents log in, they will be prompted to begin the enrollment process.
Forced logout immediately on same day
- Selecting the same day will force agents to log out immediately and begin the enrollment process in order to and use GoToAssist Remote Support.
- Any agents in an active session will continue to remain in session, but will be unable to host new sessions or connect to unattended machines until completing enrollment.