Set customer greetings
Set a greeting message for your customers when they start chatting with an agent.
- Create a canned message that you want to use as a welcome message. See Canned messages for agents.
- Create or edit an agent, as follows:
- At admin.bold360.com, go to .
- On the Agent Management page, select an existing agent or click Create New.
- On the Images and Greetings tab under Initial Greeting for Chat, select the message that you want your customers to see when an agent clicks Quick Accept. Note: You can also set an Initial Greeting for Messaging that you can use with the various messaging services.
- Optionally, under Conditional, select the conditions of displaying your chat greeting.
You can set up conditions based on either languages or websites.
- Languages - define greetings for the languages that customers can select on the pre-chat form. This way, for example, you can define separate chat greetings for your English, German, and Spanish customers.
- Websites - define custom greetings for each of your websites that you set up in .
- Save your changes.